Going Gaited Online Magazine ASK THE EXPERT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petite TWH needs Saddle Help

Go down

Petite TWH needs Saddle Help Empty Petite TWH needs Saddle Help

Post by Lolop Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:02 am

Hello. I have a 14 2hh TWH who is 13 years old. He has been with me for only 7 months... and I have not been able to find a saddle that fits him. He is very petite, with a short back. He weighs appro 800lb. Even the saddles that came close to fitting his back sit too far forward and then settle in spreading flat acoss his withers. The current western saddle that I am trying is a semiquarter horse saddle and by the time I move it back off of his shoulders, it is tilted down and I am tilted forward in the saddle. I tried a lift in the front but then then saddle bridged. Also, the saddles I have tried roll on his back. Does anyone have a small TWH that can help? Thank you so much.

Lolop

Back to top Go down

Petite TWH needs Saddle Help Empty Help for little horse

Post by sking Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:31 pm

Try a saddle made with gaited bars and rounded skirt. The semiquarter bar saddle you have is more appropriate for Quarter horse or other stocky 3 gaited horse. Also a flexible tree help. My little gaited horse is the same size as yours and I have an Imus 4 Beat Saddle. We both like this saddle. I still have my Fabtron gaited saddle-good saddle for the price but the Imus is awesome. Good luck. Smile

sking

Back to top Go down

Petite TWH needs Saddle Help Empty Petite TWH

Post by Lolop Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:13 am

Thank you for the advice... what size is your horse?
Does anyone else have the Brenda Imus Endurance Saddle in standard size?
Do you all think it would fit my narrow, 780 lb TWH?
Thank you for your help.

Lolop

Back to top Go down

Petite TWH needs Saddle Help Empty Re: Petite TWH needs Saddle Help

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum