Going Gaited Online Magazine ASK THE EXPERT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bridle for a gaited horse

Go down

bridle for a gaited horse Empty bridle for a gaited horse

Post by mary Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 am

We have just recently aquired a rocky mountain horse. We would like to know if we can use an English bridle on him. Perhaps a D ring snaffle. He was using a Western bridle, which I know nothing about.

mary

Back to top Go down

bridle for a gaited horse Empty Re: bridle for a gaited horse

Post by Admin Mon May 24, 2010 9:28 am

Hi Mary- I've moved your question to the gait trainer section as I'm assuming you're asking this specifically because your new horse is gaited. One of the gait trainers can jump in here as well, but I can tell you for sure that the type of bridle doesn't matter. If you like english, go for it! I think they look cute in a noseband. If your concern IS the noseband, just be sure that it isn't too tight. That may be why you're asking about a snaffle bit as well. We have a behavior trainer here that swears that ANY horse, if trained properly can use a snaffle throughout his lifetime. That though, depends on his groundwork and how responsive he is. Since a bit is for communication, not control, we might ask you what your skill level is, and what the skill level is of the new horse you have? That would allow the trainers to be able to answer your question more about the bit..

Congratulations on your new horse, Mary! How exciting!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://goinggaited.com

Back to top Go down