Going Gaited Online Magazine ASK THE EXPERT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nervous horse

2 posters

Go down

Nervous horse Empty Nervous horse

Post by trailridinggal1967 Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:05 pm

I was told that parelli games could help my buddy sour, nervous horse. I have watched them a few times on tv but they are a little over my head(hard to understand) I like clinton anderson. I am an advanced rider and have trained and owned horses for 27 years I love trail riding I do not show. I have a foxtrotter 8 years old that is very nervous and buddy sour and we ride all the time dont know why he is that way and have taken other peoples advice and its not working so do you have any ideas or something i can try with him. Thanks so much!!!

Rachelle

trailridinggal1967

Back to top Go down

Nervous horse Empty Re: Nervous horse

Post by Nancy Faulconer Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:47 am

Hi Rachelle,

Thank you for your questions. It is difficult to grasp a concept like the Parelli 7 games just from TV. The reason you have been told that they will help your nervous horse is because by playing the 7 games you help establish leadership in a way that your horse understands. I recommend that you find a Licensed Parelli Professional in your area who can give you hands on feedback and direction. It's always a little difficult to troubleshoot without being able to see the behavior of the horse. I will tell you that your horse sounds like a Right Brain Horsenality, and he is seeking the leadership and comfort of the other horses, acting nervous when in the company of humans. Horses like this often make excellent partners, but they do need to you slow down, and take lots of time building their confidence. If you need help finding a Parelli Professional in your area, email me directly at NSFCloud9@aol.com and I can help.
Nancy Faulconer
Nancy Faulconer

http://www.cloud9ranch.org

Back to top Go down